Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's a Fire Drill Day!

In my little part of the world, it will be 70+ degrees today, January 8!

My little part of the world includes an elementary school. We are required to have one fire drill per month, except for September when we have one fire drill per week. So, on this fine spring day in the mid-winter, we will pull that alarm and escape to the great-outdoors for about 10 minutes.

We will wish for a Gone Fishin' sign, we may run to the store for ground beef and buns, we will go for the daily walk we resolved to do, we will think of our sisters who snow shoe!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Your sister who snowshoes is a LITTLE jealous. Though, the sun is shining. And it MIGHT be about 40. I was actually thinking about ditching my fleece. LOVE you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Fran, what's your SM (Sweet Michelle) going to think about the 50 degree difference if you head South? Good things, I hope.

We welcome her to the lower 47.

Love, L.