Saturday, January 19, 2008

Grandparents

In several conversations this week the topic of grandparent memories has been discussed. I'm lucky enough to remember three grandmothers, two grandfathers and one great-grandmother, so I have a rich variety of memories. Here are a few:

Grandpa Kilzer's elderberry jelly and tractor rides
Grandma Kilzer's homemade bread and chicken gravy
Grandad Vohs' hats and courtly manners
Nannie's roses, peonies and sewing
Näna's apricot jam and drawer full of McCall's paper dolls

Now, my grandparents were real people; they were patient but had their limits, they wanted the best for me and the best from me. They have inspired me in many ways.

With Hannah's birthday coming up soon, I wonder what she'll remember about me when she shares grandparent memories!

No comments: