Thursday, April 09, 2009

Behold! A way of seeing God around us.

Ok. I laughed when I read Fran's post at Notes from the North Woods.

She starts out:
At a Lenten Quiet Day this week, our leader, The Rt. Rev. Eugene Sutton, Bishop of the Diocese of Maryland, talked about the word Behold. It's fallen out of common usage. We don't behold much any more. The Gospel writers used the Greek equivalent of it often, when quoting Jesus.
Read the rest here.

All I could think of was people wandering around in robes shouting, "Behold!" But, then I started thinking of the times when I've caught my breath and thought, "Oh, thank you, Lord!" Is that my version of, "Behold!"? [Just how does one punctuate that sentence???]

So, I'm going to try to catch sight of three "Behold!" moments each day. Now, I fail miserably at these projects... you know: journal writing every day, reading the Daily Office every day, going for a walk every day. So, I'll give it a go for a while and see how it works for me.

Stay tuned.

No comments: