Friday, December 22, 2006

Ahhhhhh, home for Christmas!


It's Friday, December 22 and...

...school's out!!!!!!!!!! The last little darling was picked up from the school office where I work by his very late mom at 4:20. I have been gifted with enough cake and cookies to stock the church coffee hour for a good 2 or 3 months, and some Starbucks cards to go with the baked goods. My NCAA football bowl pool sheet has been submitted - that would be $20 worth of entertainment 'cause I surely won't win. We'll be at the 10:15 service for Christmas Eve. I've got my food assignments for Christmas dinner - breads, red jello mold (we've got those Midwestern roots, remember?), pecan tassies and a chocolate Buche de Noel.

After I hit send on this blog post I'm going to make a cup of tea in my new giant snowman cup and watch my daughter make dinner. Ahhhhhhh. It's the holidays! Did I mention that someone gave me Irish Cream liqueur and butterscotch schnapps? She says to mix them together. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Irish Cream + Butterscotch + coffee = yummy... maybe add some whip cream.

:)