Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blog Neglect!

Oh, dear. This poor blog is just crying for some care and feeding! In the time since my last entry I've been enjoying and recovering from the annual St. Anne's Dominican Republic mission trip. It was a fantastic week that deserves more serious blogging than it will get today; stay tuned. I've also been recovering from an nasty bug that lodged in my sinuses and drained to make some icky cough attacks. Happily, the cough is going away and I find that I've been neglecting my self-imposed writing responsibilities!

I have been thinking of my blog in the past couple weeks, though. Here are some recent observations from around town lately:

The crepe myrtles are in full bloom. In shades of pink and purple, they manage to look cool in the late summer heat.

Goldfinches are hitting the purple cone flower seed heads. They whiz around in little streaks of gold and black - such elegance.

I get a chuckle out of cars that go by with the bass playing so loudly that I sometimes think the gas mileage must improve with the depth of pitch but yesterday, I had to laugh out loud when a little car full of veiled Muslim women careened around a corner. The women in the car were bouncing to the beat and carrying on an animated conversation.

A phone call with 18-month-old Hannah the other day was punctuated by a the beeps that come from a toddler pushing buttons. Here's the funny part... when she pushed the buttons, she said, "On!" Oh, natively proficient technological kids!!

The goat cheese I bought at the farmer's market today is outstanding. And the sunflowers I bought look great up at the church.

No comments: