Sunday, December 23, 2007

There's a "B-Side"???

Long, long ago, one of my Christmas gifts was a really cool little record player. I remember having records that were yellow and one that was even clear red! I'm not sure what songs or stories were on the records, but I know I listened a lot. Unlike today's CDs which have one side... the bottom! ... those old records had two sides - the one everyone wanted and the one the recording company hoped you'd want after they gave it to you!

These days, I listen to B-Side Radio, a podcast that currently features Rene Gutel (see the Roller Skate Jams link) telling the story of buying her husband John's Christmas gift - luckily it's not a gift of the Magi story, but it's got a great ending. Life on the flip side sounds really good!

1 comment:

Rene said...

Oh, you're too kind! Thanks for listening, and for the awesome mention! Yay B-Side!