Sunday, November 11, 2007

Not EVEN Advent!

Here it is mid-November and I'm already thinking about stock-piling some favorite Christmas treats. I know that when I really want a Candy Cane Joe-Joe to celebrate Epiphany, there won't be a single box left at my local Trader Joe's.

Similarly, I know that when I want one last gingerbread latte while shopping the post-Christmas sales, my local Starbucks will be out of gingerbread flavoring syrup!

So, I ask you, does one succumb to the marketing trends and start drinking eggnog before it's time to bake the Thanksgiving pumpkin pie? If I eat all the fruitcake I want now (YES, I do like fruitcake!), will I be in a better frame of mind to observe Advent?

2 comments:

MargretH said...

It's seasonal eating baby! Seasonal eating! We used to only be able to get certain kinds of fruit at particular times of year...now it's Cadbury eggs at Easter and Candy Cane Joe-Joe's for Christmas.

Abuela Marty said...

Seasonal eating... I like that!
Which reminds me, it's time for Clyde's Butternut Squash Agnolotti! (dried cranberries, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, caramelized onion and sherry wine cream sauce) mmmmmmmm!