Thursday, July 19, 2007

One Week a Year

Over the past 8 summers, I've been privileged to live among friends in the Dominican Republic for a week or so. Along with church friends from here, I am enveloped by the hospitality of church friends there. We spend the week catching up on the happenings of the 51 weeks a year that we live apart. I came back last night from our annual visit. I want to write several blog entries. For today, please be satisfied with just a few snapshots. There are more - with 16 of us snapping digital photos, you'd better believe you'll see more. :-)

On the way to the gate... Reagan/National
July 7


We had to leave Reston at 4:30 a.m. to make our 7:30 a.m. flight.
Our flight was on time, our transfer in Miami was smooth, it was a charmed trip!


Mmmmmmm!
Rice & beans w/ pumpkin, chicken, avocado, pineapple, ripe plantains.
Does life get any better?

This was Sunday dinner. It looks a lot like dinner on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I'm not sure I would ever get tired of this menu, it would be hard to find better food anywhere.

Vacation Bible School . . . for 100+

We really did work! We were very surprised to have more than 100 kids at VBS every afternoon.

I don't have photos of the construction site, others will be sharing so you can see some roof work.

My suitcase is mostly unpacked. My emotions, that's a different story. So, more soon.

2 comments:

MargretH said...

Yes - life does get better - when there's eggplant on that plate!

Abuela Marty said...

You're quite right! Eggplant, those little corn fritters Dulcina makes, cafe con leche, Helados Bon!