Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Loving You On Valentine's Day

Here's to you!
On this Valentine's Day, I hope you'll have someone to call you sweetheart and someone who will be yours. Above all, I hope someone says "I love you" to you and that you will say "I love you" to your special someone(s). Don't limit yourself to romance - it's a day for love freely given and love generously accepted. We will all be enriched.

The cookies are made from a recipe my family calls "Roger's Mother's Ginger Cookies." We don't get to see Roger much but we think of his family whenever we make these cookies! The dough is wonderfully manageable. I bought the cookie cutter from Williams Sonoma last year. It has interchangeable presses to make the words. Enjoy!

Roger's Mother's Ginger Cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup molasses

Combine dry ingredients. Cream together shortening, sugar and molasses. Stir in the dry ingredients. Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness and cut out.
Bake at 350º for 8-10 minutes.


1 comment:

Fran said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I Love YOU!
xoxo
Fran