Wednesday, October 11, 2006

And the Seasons They Go Round and Round

It's fall, my favorite time of year. I love the colors, the cool mornings, the warm days, the nippy nights. I love the apples, the pumpkins, the college football. Nine years spent in the tropics reminded me how I appreciate the cycle of the temperate zone seasons.

Now I find myself looking at fall as a season for my life. Because fall is my favorite season, I'm not too worried about thinking of the fall of my life as a morbid time. Hopefully, this will be a season full of harvest, a time to savor the events of spring and summer.

I'm 51, my daughters are 21, 22 and 25. There is a grandchild coming. A grandchild that will be born in the winter. Seasons, round and round, too slow, too fast. I want to stay in fall for a while.

No comments: